POSTING # 08-17-03
POSITION TITLE: ASSISTANT SUPERVISOR
SHIFT: TO BE DETERMINED
Assist the Finishing Supervisor with leading, directing, and managing bindery shift operations to maximize production efficiency and labor utilization. Assists with the day to day leadership and direction to all Finishing associates to insure accurate job set up approval, time stamp sample approval, material yield and run waste reporting, and completion of scheduled priorities. Work in close coordination and collaboration with Customer Service Representatives, Estimating, Purchasing, Logistics, Scheduling, Maintenance, and Production Management at all levels, to monitor and respond to scheduling priorities and material coordination.
- Provide direction and leadership to all associates with respect to scheduling priorities and quality expectations.
- Establish a cohesive bindery team by providing clear direction and creating mutually collaborative goals and responsibilities.
- Work in collaboration with the Finishing Manager, assist in the creation , communication, and management of measurable goals for quality, safety, production, and labor utilization.
- Communicate results (measurements) against published goals on at least a monthly basis to department associates.
- Use measurement results to incorporate accountability and identify continuous improvement initiatives.
- Define and develop a cross training program to create a flexible workforce, allowing coverage for all key functions throughout the year.
- Provide job set up approvals using appropriate quality specification documentation.
- Monitor and audit Time Stamp Quality Samples that must be performed by Bindery Operators.
- Maintain a daily correspondence log documenting the production achievement and shortfall to keep other shift supervisors up to date.
- Monitor and maintain consumable inventory items required throughout bindery.
- Analyze and resolve quality, material spoilage, and production problems using root cause analysis and both corrective and preventive action plans.
- History of effective productivity and crew leadership.
- History of proactive problem solving.
- History of strong customer service behavior.
- Strong communication skills displayed to contacts both within and outside of Worzalla.
- This is an hourly position, requiring prompt and reliable attendance.
- Company workload may require extended hours and weekend coverage.
Applicants can attach resume here (PDF or Word documents ONLY) :
Applicants can also send in a resume:
3535 Jefferson Street
Stevens Point, WI 54481
Email resume to: Char Woyak