POSTING # 08-17-02
POSITION TITLE: SUPERVISOR
DEPARTMENT: PRESS STATUS: EXEMPT
SHIFT: SECOND SHIFT REPORTS TO: FINISHING DEPT. MANAGER
Responsible for managing, coordinating, and overseeing the day-to-day production and quality standards on shift within the Press department. Maintains press crewing schedules, ensures safety measures are enforced, coordinates associate cross-training and participates in associate evaluations. Assists with process control changes and implementation, investigates spoilage issues, and other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages press schedules and production by assigning crews according to production schedules to meet customer deadlines. Performs color okay approvals and assists in resolving color and production issues.
- Maintains a continuous line of communication with all departments to ensure schedules remain on-time.
- Resolves discrepancies in job tickets and production issues to meet on-time delivery schedules.
- Assists in the development and implementation of process control improvements within the department for cost savings, reduced spoilage and maintaining on-time delivery through the facility.
- Delivers corrective actions.
- Assists Human Resources in the interview and hiring process of internal and external candidates.
- Enforces Company policies, department procedures, and Safety procedures.
- Completes all training and annual evaluations for associates on shift. Holds monthly toolbox information meetings.
SUPERVISION (IF APPLICABLE)
15 – 25 Fulltime direct reports.
0 – 10 Temporary staff.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s Degree with 10 years Supervisory experience in offset print, or equivalent experience.
- Exceptional leadership skills and the ability to problem solve.
- Understanding of company policies.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including use of Word and Excel.
- “Lean Manufacturing” experience is a plus.
Applicants can attach resume here (PDF or Word documents ONLY) :
Applicants can also send in a resume:
3535 Jefferson Street
Stevens Point, WI 54481
Email resume to: Char Woyak